Sunday 17 July 2011

Welcome!

My name is Melissa and there are two things in life that I am very passionate about:  my family and my business. I chose the name Sweet Pea Cakes N Treats because from the moment we found out we were pregnant out family gave the baby the nicknames "Sweet Pea" This is very special to us because getting to this point in our lives has taken a lot of work and dedication.
I started off with a wonderful tasting cake for my daughter's 1st birthday, it was egg-free, chocolate, etc. I then also made a Winnie The Pooh cake...It didnt turn out very well at all....that was my first attempt at cake baking and decorating. My love of the art has pushed me to continue to improve on decorating!

For the Fish, Cupcake cake and the cup cakes, the cakes/cupcakes are homemade as well as the icing again: buttercream!!! I made these cakes etc & decorated them during my cake decorating class that I took to enhance my decorating skills and to pursue my dream of being in charge of my own destiny!!!


As for the Thomas Cake..this was  for her 3rd birthday. I did give a cake pan a try for the mold but I did make the homemade icing and tint the colours according to the desired colours. Again it was a homemade chocolate cake recipe.


For my daughter's 2nd Birthday, I made this Mickey Mouse cake. The cake was made free hand, was chocolate (homemade recipe) and the icing was buttercream and tinted for each appropriate colour.




Delicious treats are available in many sizes.

Please contact me for a consultation and pricing.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to keep reading up on your gorgeous cakes. Great job Melissa!

    ReplyDelete